The Bachelor of Arts – Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA LLB) course is an integrated law degree that the law aspirants can pursue right after qualifying for their Class 12th examinations. The law degree is an integration of Arts and Law subjects and is of a five-year duration. Therefore, as part of the BA LLB course, the candidates study subjects including Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology along with law subjects like Civil Law, Criminal Law, Labor Law, Tax Law, Administrative Law, Corporate Law, Patent Law, etc. The course-curriculum of BA LLB degree is such that law, as well as, the arts subjects, are included in each semester. Moreover, candidates are taught about law case studies, moot courts, law internships, seminars, and interactions with retired judges from High courts and the Supreme Court of India.
BFIT is driven by those who have expertise in their respective fields. And because of this, our institute provides quality legal education in such a way to impart knowledge to the students effectively.
BFIT does not believe in theoretical knowledge only but believes in carving the future of students to his/her best possible shape. So in order to make the students their best version, BFIT has established MOOT COURT inside the campus. Here in moot court, students participate in ‘mooting’ which means they discuss/argue about the issue. It has been set up inside the campus so that students can have the experience of the proceedings which take part in courts.
BFIT never fails in giving their students the best education so that they all can have a bright future. As we know oratory skills are must for a law practitioner. Without the fluency, a law practitioner lacks behind in the race of arguments. To overcome this, the institute also provides the platform for law students to enhance their oratory skills. THE DEBATING SOCIETY has been set up for all the legal students. Debating competitions are arranged on regular basis for the students and awards are given to the winners in order to motivate them.
BFIT known for its best education in Dehradun organizes seminars, webinars on regular basis for the students. Prominent lawyers, advocates, judges are invited so that they can share their experience with the students. Students are given the opportunity to interact with the guest and ask their queries.
Our students who once walked in our corridors are now on the highest peak of their careers and yes made us proud with their names on our alumni list.
SCOPE OF BA LLB
BA LLB degree opens up a lot of numbers of opportunities for the students. Most of the students who pursue this course wish to become a judge or an advocate. To become a judge or an advocate, student needs to clear the exam named AIBE (ALL INDIA BAR EXAMINATION). After clearing this exam, student will be granted with “CERTIFICATE OF PRACTICE”. Now, the student can practice as an advocate in any part of India or can further give examination to become a judge.
Students after graduation can prepare for the Indian Civil Service, State Legal Services and Public Service Commission Entrance exams.
|COURSE||DURATION||FEE PER YEAR||ELIGIBILITY|
|B.A. LLB||5 YEARS||Download fee structure||10+2|
CAREERS for LAW STUDENT
- LAWYER / ADVOCATE: A lawyer or an advocate is a person who takes the case into the court and fights for the client. He represents the client in front of the judge.
- LEGAL ADVISOR: In this, the person gives legal advices to the firm he is working for. Your job would be to act as an advocate or a lawyer to the company, government body. And give them legal advices which are in their favour.
- SESSIONAL JUDGE/DISTRICT JUDGE: Judge gives the judgement for the issues that have been brought in the courtroom by the parties or the advocates,
- PUBLIC PROSECUTOR: This is a person who is appointed by the government to fight for the criminal offence.
- TEACHER/LECTURER: One can also become a law teacher or lecturer and teach in law institutes.
- Candidates seeking admission to BA LLB course need to meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned by the law schools and universities in India including, academic qualification, minimum qualifying marks and age limit. if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognised board. Apart from this, most popular law colleges also fix a minimum marks requirement in order to be eligible to apply for the BA LLB course offered by them. By means of this criteria, candidates belonging to General/ OBC/ Specially abled person categories need to secure at least 45% marks at their 10+2 level in order to pursue a BA LLB course and the percentage fixed for SC/ ST category is 40%.
- The BCI (Bar Council of India) states no minimum or maximum age limit criteria is required for admissions to BA LLB course or five-year integrated law courses.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What is BA.LLB?
Ans. BA.LLB is an undergraduate course of 5years duration. One can apply right after they have completed their school education.
Q. Which is better BA.LLB or LLB?
Ans. BA.LLB is an integrated course which means students will get degree of arts and law. Whereas LLB is of 3years and in this, students will only get degree of law. LLB is pursued after graduation but in case of BA.LLB, students can apply right after 10+2.
Q. Can Science background student pursue BA.LLB?
Ans. Yes, students of any stream can pursue BA.LLB. They just need to meet the minimum required eligibility criteria.
Q. What is the scope of BA.LLB?
Ans. After graduation, students can go for the options like lawyer, advocate, judge, legal advisor and teacher. They can also go for higher education like LLM.
Q. Who are the top recruiters for BA.LLB graduates?
- Khaitan And Co.
- S&R Associates.
- Talwar Thakore and Associates.
- Shardul Amarchand Mangal das And Co.
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
- J Sagar and Associates.
- AZB and Partners.
Recruiting process consists of personal interview and experience of the candidate. According to survey held in 2019, Top recruiters provide around ₹ 14LPA to their employees. The salary depends on the experience a candidate has and the college he has studied from. Recruiters also give importance to the CGPA a candidate has scored in his BA.LLB degree.
Q. What are the BA subjects taught is BA.LLB?
Ans. Sociology, History, Political Science are the subjects of BA taught in BA.LLB.
Q. What are the subjects of law taught in BA.LLB?
Ans. Administrative law, Banking law, CPC, Crpc, Labour law, Land law, Law of evidence, Law of Torts, Constitutional law, Corporate law, Criminology, Jurisprudence, Public International law and Legal ethics.
Q. What are the skills needed to be a BA.LLB student?
Ans. BA LLB course requires aspirants to be hardworking and extremely thorough in their subject. Some key skills that aspirants should possess in order to perform well in BA LLB course are listed below:
|Fluency||Clarity of speech|
|Ability to work long hours||Objectivity|
|Good judgement of situation/people||Persuasiveness|
|Interest in Research||Integrity|
|Intellect||Ability to assimilate and analyze facts|
|Convincing power||Good presentation skills|